The construction of the first church and convent was headed by Fr. Luis Delfin in 1746 but these buildings were destroyed in a fire in 1763. Another convent was built in 1770 and then a new church in 1773 but these buildings, too, perished in a fire on February 29, 1820. After another fire destroyed the church that was built in 1823, a provisional church and convent were set up but were eventually destroyed during an earthquake in 1880.
The St. Ildephonse Parish Church that stands today in Malasiqui was constructed by Fr. Juan Cardaba in 1885 and although half of this was destroyed in the tremors of 1892, the overall edifice was repaired during the time of Fr. Salvador Millan.