A Dominican priest, Fr. Antonio Ruiz, established the parish in 1755 and dedicated it to St. Isidore the Farmer, the patron saint of Madrid. It was shortly after World War II that the Columban Fathers took over the administration, with the church in very bad condition. Fr. Joseph Gallagher took over the administration in 1952 and worked on the repairs until 1954.