The establishment of pueblo Soyang (the first name of Alaminos City) was in the year 1610. It was transferred later on in the present location in 1734 and named Casborran. The town’s first church was built in 1770. In 1817, the church and the convent were destroyed by a fire and the construction of a new church and convent began around the years 1837 to 1849. It has withstood several disasters in the years that followed, now standing as the St. Joseph Cathedral Parish in Alaminos City.