St. Paschal Baylon Parish Church

fFive years after the town of San Quintin was founded in 1863, the parish of St. Paschal Baylon was estsablished in 1868, under the Franciscans. The present day church is known for its cream and brick-red appearance as well as the well-preserved bell tower next to it. Its interior features tiled floors, wooden pews, and a great retablo looming behind the church altar.

Immaculate Conception Parish Church

The first church was built out of light materials in 1844 but was dedicated to St. Dionysius Areopagite at the time. Seven years later, in 1851, the first stone church was constructed and was dedicated to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, and has stood in Umingan ever since.

St. Patrick of Ireland Parish Church

The St. Patrick of Ireland Parish Church is a prominent cream structure in the heart of Tayug. Red accents outline the church’s arches and pillars, as well as the sizeable cross lining the nearby bell tower. The church’s altar is especially emphasized within its interior, with a singular arched ceiling decorated simply yet elegantly by chestnut-colored lines.

Our Lady of the Pillar Parish Church

The Our Lady of the Pillar Parish Church in Sta. Maria was constructed in honor of Mary, the Virgin Mother on January 16, 1890. Its façade is known for its beautiful stained-glass windows and old brick foundations. Upon entering the church, visitors will immediately regard the elevated polished marble altar, a beautiful statue of the Virgin Mother herself in the center.

San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish Church

Similarly named after the town, the San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish Church is a white and cream religious structure in the eastern part of Pangasinan. The building is easily set apart from other churches in the province due in part to its wave-like arches and its curved bell tower. Its interior is decorated with white marble pillars that complement the gold outlines of the altar and retablo.

St. Anthony of Padua Parish Church

The St. Anthony of Padua Parish Church can be easily found in the heart of Rosales, right next to the Municipal Hall. Its bright white façade and its tall, domed belfry are reminiscent of classic lighthouses, similarly guiding people to the safety of God’s directions. Within its walls, visitors will find arched stained-glass windows that filter natural light onto the church’s pristine and sizeable interior.

St. Joseph Parish Church

Notable for its façade made out of bricks bearing proof of the church’s longevity, the St. Joseph Parish Church stands welcoming in the heart of Balungao. In contrast to its natural brick color,  the church’s interior is left predominantly and solemnly white, emphasizing the simple elegance of its altar.

St. Louis Bertrand Parish Church

One of the oldest churches in Pangasinan, the St. Louis Bertrand Church in Asingan was built by Dominicans in 1698. It was destroyed by the earthquake that struck the province in 1990 but thanks to the donations made by the townsfolk, the church was reconstructed in 1993 and has retained its form ever since. 

Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Cathedral

Upon entering the Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Cathedral compound, visitors will notice the well-maintained hedges lining a pathway to a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary standing atop a fountain. The cathedral stands with a bell tower that looms over the compound. The cathedral interior glows from the light filtering through the stained glass windows lining the sides of the building, highlighting the gold pillars of the altar in the center.

St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Church

The St. Jude Thaddeus Parish was established on September 16, 1879 through a Royal Decree dated July 26, 1878. The church building stands striking for its dominant cream color which complements the mosaic of marble that outline its façade. A statue of St. Jude Thaddeus himself also stands in the middle of the church compound.

Diocesan Shrine and Parish of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

The Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish started out as a visita of San Fabian from 1868 to 1897 before its erection as a parish in 1897. Its church is distinguishable by its white and cream features, highlighting its stained glass windows and the statues of two religious figures overlooking the compound. Cream columns lined with goldish bronze decorate the church’s altar, standing above the white marble platform that complements the building’s pure white interior.

St. Isidore the Farmer Parish Church

A Dominican priest, Fr. Antonio Ruiz, established the parish in 1755 and dedicated it to St. Isidore the Farmer, the patron saint of Madrid. It was shortly after World War II that the Columban Fathers took over the administration, with the church in very bad condition. Fr. Joseph Gallagher took over the administration in 1952 and worked on the repairs until 1954.