The town of Agno is located in the west, along the coast where one could catch a glimpse of the West Philippine Sea. Its name originated from a species of swamp tree called “Agno Casto”, a tree used for medicinal concoctions that help alleviate pain and illness. It is referred to as the old seat of civilization as it was the first town in western Pangasinan to open a primary school in 1902 and an intermediate school in 1906. Locals from neighboring towns of Bani, Bolinao, Burgos, Dasol, Infanta, and Mabini flocked to Agno to pursue their studies.
Festival: Umbrella Rocks Festival – April 23-28
Tourism Officer: Tricia C. Villaruel – (075) 569-5092 / 557-2127